Thursday, July 13, 2006

more reasons that I am not an adult

-- I make jokes in class
-- I have a favorite brand of sour candies that I buy (dorval sour power straws)
-- I have a favorite flavor (strawberry-banana)
-- Taking the subway with people who are 29 and 24 made me feel like I was fifteen
-- I carry a backpack
-- I met someone at the bar tonight who was engaged and totally my age
-- Her fiance was busy talking to someone and I made a pun about how he was "engaged" too
-- I eat Cookie Crisp cereal (peanut butter flavor)
-- I don't read literary journals
-- I have a blog
-- I haven't been dating the same person for 4+ years
-- I don't read contemporary fiction
-- I listen to punk music
-- I can't eat at sidewalk cafes and I can't afford to drink downtown
-- I have pants that aren't jeans and shoes that aren't sneakers, but I haven't yet brought myself to wear them
-- I don't intern at a magazine (dear readers: I have like 10 friends who work at magazines, so don't think this is "about you")
-- I cut my own hair or have a friend do it

yo, my only goal tomorrow is to finish The Guermantes Way because I've been reading it forever, and so that I can then knock out a bunch of Freud, Lacan, Marx stuff that I have been reading 100 pages of and then putting down. And then the novel I'm going to read is Street of Crocodiles or Tender is the Night, or something else if they are in boxes that I can't get to.

No comments: